Who we are
Liveforlife Training is a personal training company and is committed to improving the health and fitness of it’s clients. This is achieved through delivery of high quality training and nutrition plans via in person training or our online app.
Liveforlife Training’s registered office is at Liveforlife Training, 17 Highland Road, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 7EQ.
Jon Bell is Liveforlife Training’s Data Controller, who can be contacted at 07967 558034
Lawful basis for data processing
We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and may use two separate basis for the lawful processing of your personal data as follows.
We will never request any unnecessary personal data from you and will not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
All data collected will be either for legitimate business interest to provide the contracted personal training service or on a consent basis when you opt in to receive our direct marketing such as, but not limited to, email newsletters, promotions and events. This use of personal data is restricted to just your name, address, email address and telephone number.
You may opt out of receiving our newsletters and marketing at any time. If you wish to opt out from direct marketing you will be able to do so via an unsubscribe link included in each marketing email or you can contact us using the information at the bottom of this page.
Information that we collect
Liveforlife Training processes your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services.
The fullest extent of personal data we will collect from you is:
- Date of Birth
- Home Address.
- Personal Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
We also collect the following information:
Sensitive Information: The term “sensitive information” in this context refers to information related to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership.
Whilst we do not generally collect sensitive information, we do specifically collect health data, biometric data and photographs to the extent that it is required to assess your readiness for physical exercise and to measure your ongoing progress. By providing the sensitive information to us, you are consenting to our using it in the manner set out in this Policy. This includes the following information:
- Health data – Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire: including blood pressure, medical history where relevant and medications.
- Biometric data – circumferential tape measurements, bodyfat percentage and bodyweight.
- Photograph – before and after progress pictures
How we use your personal data
Liveforlife Training takes your privacy very seriously and does not share your data with any third parties.
We will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice and other guidance provided by Liveforlife Training. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time.
To withdraw consent, please contact Jon Bell, Data Controller, on 07967 558034 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data is to deliver our agreed contractual service.
How long will you keep my data?
Liveforlife Training only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. Our policy is to keep your personal data for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Sharing and disclosing personal information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Liveforlife Training uses MailChimp.com to provide the services below. However, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
Liveforlife Training uses MailChimp.com for bulk e-mail delivery services. They act as a processor on our behalf. The only information we provided them with is your e-mail address and phone number (if you have given consent to receive direct marketing). MailChimp are a US company and as such are certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Liveforlife Training has signed an ongoing Customer EU Data Processing Addendum agreement to legally transfer personal contact data from the EU to MailChimp in the U.S. in line with GDPR.
For more information about MailChimp, please read their privacy notice here.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Liveforlife Training maintains a training provider membership scheme, an instructor membership scheme and a learner membership scheme and we provide regular emails to let you know about information relevant to these schemes.
We will only send you marketing emails if you have provided consent to receive such e-mails. Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Privacy and your activity
- You have the right to be informed of any information Liveforlife Training processes and why we are processing this information
- You have the right to access any personal information that Liveforlife Training holds about you
- You have the right to rectification. If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so within 20 working days; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified. Liveforlife Training will also advise any third parties holding your data to update as notified.
- You have the right to have data erased, however in doing so Liveforlife Training may not be able to continue to provide the expected service delivery, at your request data will be erased within 20 working days
- You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data when:
- The accuracy of the data is contested (for a period of time to enable the controller to verify the accuracy)
- The processing is unlawful and you object to the erasure of the data and request restrictions of its use instead
- You object to processing based on the grounds of legitimate business interests. If you exercise this right, it may mean that Liveforlife Training will be unable to continue to provide the expected service delivery
- Where Liveforlife Training as the controller no longer requires the data but you do to exercise or defend a legal claim
- You have the right to data portability allowing you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purpose across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
You have the right to object to:
- Direct Marketing which is absolute. You do not need to demonstrate grounds for your objection, there are no exceptions which will allow processing to continue
- Processing based on legitimate interests or performance of a task in the public interest/ exercise of official authority
- Processing for research or statistical purposes.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Please note: Liveforlife Training does not participate in automated decision making or profiling.
Liveforlife Training will always advise:
- Why we require your data
- With whom your personal data may be shared
- How long we intend to hold your data for and means of storage and disposal
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information concerning the source.
Liveforlife Training takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including:
- Secure server
- Full live network protection through our firewall
- Full antivirus scanning across all systems.
Transfers outside of the EU (if applicable)
Personal data in the European Union is protected by the GDPR but some other countries may not necessarily have the same high standard of protection for your personal data.
Liveforlife Training only transfers personal data outside of the EU for the below purposes:
- Email addresses to MailChimp.com for bulk e-mail delivery services to deliver legitimate direct marketing campaigns.
Where we transfer personal information for the above reasons, we utilise the aforementioned safeguarding measures and mechanisms to ensure that your personal data is always safe and secure.
To make a complaint
Liveforlife Training only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to make a complaint.
Make the complaint to:
Jon Bell – Data Controller: email@example.com
Liveforlife Training, Highland Road, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 7EQ
Telephone: 07967 558034
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org